"Buy less, choose well, make it last"
Direct Investments (active majorities)
Droege Group has an investment platform that carries out equity-financed direct investments in “special opportunities” with a focus on medium-sized companies and spin-offs as a majority shareholding. With its family-equity model Droege Group is not exit-oriented but pursues a long-term investment strategy, structured into a diversified industrial holding. Added to this it is entrepreneurial approach which combines the influx of fresh capital with management resources with expertise and "do-how".
As an active investor with a long term investment horizon Droege Group looks for national and international medium-sized companies as well as for carve-outs and spin-offs:
- A need for restructuring, underperformers and turnarounds
- The generation of synergies for existing Droege Group platform-investments
- Growth potential in cases of operational support
- A sales volume of between 30 m€ and 1 b€
- EBITDA margin between negative and +10%
- Majority shareholding (minority shareholding for existing shareholders (Owner-Buy-Out) possible)
2. Growth or value Investments (passive minorities)
In addition, we invest in investment funds with a clear unique selling proposition, as well as through direct investments in growth companies - also as special opportunities - that want to scale or internationalise their business model together with our entrepreneurial platforms.
With our many years of value creation and transformation know-how, we are a good partner for start-ups, business angels and VCs. In trusting cooperation, we combine the needs and strengths of innovative growth companies and our entrepreneurial platforms.
- Growth companies (B2B/ B2C) - also as Special Opportunities (Series A+)
- 5 % growth rate and further growth potential with operational support
- > 5 million euros turnover
- Companies with a proven business model (profitability not mandatory)
- Development of synergies with our existing entrepreneurial platforms (megatrends)
- Participation > 25.1% (minority participation indirectly through our VC fund investments)
- Investments in investment funds with clear unique selling propositions
- Development phase of the investments (seed, early stage, growth, PE)
- Sector or regional focus
- Track record and expertise of management
- Co-investment opportunities
Frank Tanski | Dietmar J. Langer
Co-Heads of Investments
In turnaround situations it is paramount to quickly identify accessible potential. This is often hidden in existing structures. Stefan Kürtens plate of art shows, how evident the overlooked can be, if you look at it very closely and recognize the details. Droege Group’s value enhancement program enables realizing and sustaining these hidden potential.